Adela is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Banking + Infrastructure group.
Adela’s practice focuses on advising lenders, borrowers and sponsors on infrastructure, leveraged, acquisition, syndicated and general finance transactions.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Adela worked at Latham & Watkins in London and also spent several years as an associate at Linklaters LLP. Adela also spent 6 months on secondment with Citibank’s acquisition finance team in London.
Adela holds a combined Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of New South Wales. She is also qualified and admitted in England and Wales.
Adela’s experience includes:
- Tilt Renewables in connection with the financing of the Dundonnell Wind Farm, which benefits from an offtake agreement from the Victorian government under the Victorian Renewable Energy Auction Scheme – the first of its kind in Victoria.
- Beach Energy on the A$1.585 billion acquisition of Lattice Energy from Origin Energy, including A$1.475 billion in new senior secured syndicated debt facilities.
- Harbour Energy on its A$14.4 billion proposal to acquire Santos Limited.
- Goldman Sachs as arranger and underwriter of a senior term loan, and Westpac and CBA as super senior revolving credit facility lenders in relation to the Infigen Energy Group’s refinancing by way of a 5-year A$605 million syndicated facility agreement.
- A bidder in relation to their proposed acquisition of the Equis Energy group, including 17 solar farm projects in Australia.
- Reliance Rail on the A$2 billion refinancing and recapitalisation of the NSW government rolling stock PPP contract, including a mix of bank debt and bonds.
- National Australia Bank Limited and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation as financiers to Fotowatio Renewable Ventures, funding the multimillion-dollar construction of the Clare Solar Farm project.
- Trustpower Limited and Tilt Renewables Limited on the A$800 million financing for the recently demerged renewable asset business.
Awards and Recognition
Adela was recognised for Banking and Finance Law and Project Finance and Development Practice.
Adela was recommended for Banking and finance.