Adela is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Banking + Infrastructure group.
Adela’s practice focuses on advising lenders, borrowers and sponsors on infrastructure, leveraged, acquisition, syndicated and general finance transactions.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Adela worked at Latham & Watkins in London and also spent several years as an associate at Linklaters LLP. Adela also spent 6 months on secondment with Citibank’s acquisition finance team in London.
Adela holds a combined Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of New South Wales. She is also qualified and admitted in England and Wales.
Adela’s experience includes:
- Tilt Renewables in connection with the financing of the Dundonnell Wind Farm, which benefits from an offtake agreement from the Victorian government under the Victorian Renewable Energy Auction Scheme – the first of its kind in Victoria.
- Beach Energy on the A$1.585 billion acquisition of Lattice Energy from Origin Energy, including A$1.475 billion in new senior secured syndicated debt facilities.
- Harbour Energy on its A$14.4 billion proposal to acquire Santos Limited.
- Goldman Sachs as arranger and underwriter of a senior term loan, and Westpac and CBA as super senior revolving credit facility lenders in relation to the Infigen Energy Group’s refinancing by way of a 5-year A$605 million syndicated facility agreement.
- A bidder in relation to their proposed acquisition of the Equis Energy group, including 17 solar farm projects in Australia.
- Reliance Rail on the A$2 billion refinancing and recapitalisation of the NSW government rolling stock PPP contract, including a mix of bank debt and bonds.
- National Australia Bank Limited and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation as financiers to Fotowatio Renewable Ventures, funding the multimillion-dollar construction of the Clare Solar Farm project.
- Trustpower Limited and Tilt Renewables Limited on the A$800 million financing for the recently demerged renewable asset business.
Awards and Recognition
Adela was recognised for her work with infrastructure and energy clients.