Antonia is a Partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Disputes + Investigations group and recognised by Doyles Guide as a leading class actions lawyer in Australia.
She is a highly skilled commercial litigator with extensive experience advising and representing clients in relation to regulatory investigations and enforcement actions, complex commercial disputes and class actions, as well as insolvency and corporate restructuring.
Antonia acts for clients in a wide range of sectors including energy, manufacturing, and resources, but has particular expertise in financial services. Most recently, she has acted for clients on a range of ASIC and ACCC investigations and proceedings.
Antonia’s experience includes advising:
- New Hope Corporation Limited and a number of its subsidiaries in legal proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of New South Wales against Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal Pty Ltd in connection with a contract claim for A$155million.
- BlueScope Limited in relation to proceedings commenced by the ACCC alleging attempts to induce cartel conduct.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in its response to a number of ASIC investigations and enforcement matters commenced by ASIC in the Federal Court of Australia in respect of various retail and business banking products.
- Velocity Frequent Flyer in proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of Queensland against BP (Australia) regarding their partnership agreement.
- Goldman Sachs in legal proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of Victoria by Australian Gas Networks Limited involving allegations of mistake.
- Gypsum Resources Australia, a joint venture between Boral USG and CSR relating to an alleged force majeure event at the Port of Thevenard.
- One of the seven supermajor oil and gas companies, with respect to its interest in the GLNG joint venture in Gladstone, Queensland.
- Tabcorp, in relation to proceedings commenced by AUSTRAC relating to alleged breaches of the Anti-Money Laundering / Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
- Macquarie Bank in proceedings commenced by the BrisConnections companies against Arup in the Federal Court of Australia relating to Brisbane’s AirportLink toll road.
- AusNet Services in its defence of a class action arising out of the Black Saturday bushfires.
Awards and Recognition
Antonia was recognised as a leading class action lawyer in Australia.
Antonia was awarded a prestigious fellowship which enabled her to study a Masters of Commercial Law at the London School of Economics.
For more information on the Toyota Class Action, please click below or call 1800 324 984.