Erin is a special counsel in the Banking + Projects group.
Erin has extensive experience advising borrowers, sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in a variety of acquisition, leveraged and general corporate finance transactions, both local and international. She also specialises in providing Australian law support on US financing transactions.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Erin worked for four years at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in New York. Prior to Erin’s time in New York, she worked as a senior associate for an international law firm in Sydney.
Erin has a Bachelor of Economic and Social Sciences and a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) from the University of Sydney. Erin is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia and has also been admitted as an attorney of the New York State Bar.
Erin’s experience includes advising:
- A syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$3 billion bridge facility to support EIG in connection with EIG and Brookfield’s $18.7 billion proposed acquisition of Origin Energy.
- A syndicate of lenders in connection with the refinancing of $1.525 billion of Ausgrid’s senior bank facilities, the establishment of a new common terms deed platform and the renegotiation of terms applying to an additional A$3.715 billion of senior bank facilities.
- Various lenders and investors in connection with Transgrid’s general corporate financing requirements, including the refinancing of a number of bank facilities and also the issuance of notes by way of private placement.
- KKR in connection with the US$1.1 billion financing obtained to support its acquisition of Arnott’s Biscuits.
- KKR in connection with the US$1.25 billion financing obtained to support its acquisition of MYOB.
- K1 Investment Management LLC in connection with US financing obtained to support its acquisition of Elmo Software.
- Thoma Bravo in connection with US financing obtained to support its acquisition of Nearmap.
- A syndicate of lenders in connection with the A$260 million financing obtained to support Blackstone’s acquisition of Nucleus Network.
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch and Deutsche Bank AG, Sydney Branch in relation to an USD$600 million senior secured term facility provided to support Resolution Life Group’s $3.3 billion acquisition of AMP’s life insurance business in Australia and New Zealand.
- GrainCorp in relation to its general corporate financing requirements, including its common terms deed and its bilateral facilities.
- United Malt Group in relation to its general corporate financing requirements, including its common terms deed and its bilateral facilities.
- Patrick Terminals in connection with the A$1,050 million refinancing of its corporate debt facilities with bilateral facilities on a common terms deed platform and subsequent refinancings.
- A syndicate of lenders on the A$950m refinancing of the corporate debt facilities of Perth Airport on a common terms deed platform.
- A syndicate of lenders on the A$550m refinancing of the corporate debt facilities of NT Airports on a common terms deed platform.
- Various lenders on the A$660 million refinancing of the corporate debt facilities of North Queensland Airports on a sustainability-linked common terms deed platform.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.