Ilona is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory Group.
Ilona specialises in mergers & acquisitions, private equity and general corporate advisory matters. Ilona has a wide range of experience acting for private/founder owned business, listed corporates, financial institutions and private capital clients across a diverse range of industries and geographies. She also regularly advises on general corporate, securities law, governance and foreign investment matters.
Ilona has qualifications in commerce and law from the University of New South Wales and is admitted to the State Bars of New York.
Ilona's experience includes advising:
- Adamantem Capital on its acquisition of Pac Trading
- Bain Capital on the sale of Retail Zoo to Adamantem Capital
- Anchorage Capital Partners on the sale of Rail First Asset Management to a consortium comprising Amber Infrastructure and DIF Capital Partners.
- PEP and Carlyle on the sale of iNova Pharmaceuticals to TPG Capital.
- Adamantem Capital on the acquisition of the cardiology business of GenesisCare.
- Telstra on its acquisition, in partnership with the Australian Government, of Digicel Pacific, the biggest mobile operator in the South Pacific region.
- Adamantem Capital on the acquisition of NAK Hair.
- Mable, the profit-for-purpose technology company, and its founders on an equity investment from General Atlantic.
- Bisley Workwear on its sale to NY based Protective Industrial Products, a portfolio company backed by private equity fund Odyssey.
- Calvary (Little Company of Mary Health Care Limited) on its acquisition of Japara Healthcare Limited by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Vulcan Steel on its successful initial public offering and listing on the ASX, with a foreign exempt listing on the NZX.
- Retail Zoo on its proposed IPO and ASX listing.
- Pacific Equity Partners on the $964 million sale of Allied Pinnacle to Nisshin Seifun Group, Inc.
- The dual-track IPO and trade sale process of Zip Industries Limited, which resulted in the sale of Zip by Quadrant Private Equity to Advent-backed Culligan International.
- Oaktree Capital Management in its sale of Fitness First to Quadrant Private Equity for a combination of cash and scrip in Fitness and Lifestyle Group.
- Qube Holdings Limited as a consortium member in a $9 billion acquisition of Asciano Limited by way of scheme of arrangement.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.