Lucy is a special counsel in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Lucy advises companies (both Australian and foreign), underwriters, founders, shareholders, Boards and investors on general corporate and securities law issues, equity capital markets transactions, corporate governance, ASX Listing Rules queries and mergers and acquisitions.
An ECM specialist with more than 10 years’ experience, Lucy advises issuers and underwriters on IPOs and secondary capital raising transactions.
Lucy holds an LLB (Hons) BA (International Studies) and was admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW in August 2007.
Highlights of Lucy's ECM experience includes advising:
- The issuers on the IPO and ASX-listings of Cashrewards, CleanSpace, Elixinol, Viva Energy REIT, Pepper Group, oOh!media, SurfStitch and SG Fleet.
- Yancoal Australia Ltd, an ASX listed company, on the first ever dual primary listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and associated initial public offering (which also involved the use of an Australian rights issue).
- Briscoe, an NZX listed company, on its dual listing on the ASX.
- The joint lead managers / underwriters on a significant number of IPOs and ASX-listings, including Daily Needs REIT, Wiseway, Inghams, Propertylink, Scottish Pacific, Kogan.com, Asaleo Care, Mantra Group, Spotless and OzForex.
- The issuers on various rights issues and other secondary raisings, including those undertaken by Elixinol, Nearmap, TPG Telecom, Pinnacle Investment Management, Commonwealth Bank, SurfStitch, AGL Energy, Spark Infrastructure and TEN Network.
- The joint lead managers / underwriters on the rights issues and other secondary capital raisings, including Home Consortium, Lynas Corporation, Mincor Resources NL, Yancoal (to fund its acquisition of Coal & Allied from Rio Tinto), Collins Food, APN News and Media, Gateway Lifestyle Group and Westpac Banking Corporation.
Lucy’s M&A transactional experience includes advising:
- Rubik Financial Limited in relation to its scheme of arrangement with Temenos Group AG.
- Metro Performance Glass on the acquisition of Australian Glass Group.
- Johnson & Johnson on the Australian aspects of the sale of its Tasmanian opium poppy provider, Tasmanian Alkaloids.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of Inexus Group Limited from Challenger Infrastructure Fund.
- AMP Limited on the sale of its general insurance distribution business to SuncorpMetway.
- GrainCorp Limited’s $750 million acquisition of United Malt Holdings.
- Westpac Banking Corporation on its merger with St.George Bank Limited.
- SAI Global Limited on its takeover bid for Espreon Limited, including advising on the subsequent compulsory acquisition of remaining shares.
- SAI Global Limited on strategic acquisitions, including its acquisition of Enertech Pty Ltd.
- Pact Group Pty Ltd on strategic acquisitions, including its acquisition of Huhtamaki Australia’s expanded polystyrene business in Australia.
- CSR Limited on strategic acquisitions, including its $690 million acquisition of Pilkington Glass and its $175 million acquisition of DMS Glass.
G+T examines 2021’s public M+A transactions valued over $50 million involving ASX-listed companies. The Review provides our perspective on the trends for Australian M+A in 2021 and what that might mean for you in 2022.