Ben is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Ben specialises in mergers and acquisitions and corporate transactions in the energy and resources, infrastructure and agribusiness sectors. His practice covers private/negotiated sales and disposals, cross-border M&A, joint ventures, initial public offerings, equity raisings, listed company takeovers and corporate governance matters. Ben also advises start-ups on corporate governance and fundraising matters.
Ben has also practised in London with a preeminent global law firm and worked as an investment banker for leading global investment banks.
Ben has bachelor degrees in Law (Honours) and Commerce (Honours) from the University of Melbourne and is admitted to practice in Victoria and England and Wales.
Ben’s experience includes advising:
- BGH consortium on its $2.3 billion acquisition of Navitas by scheme of arrangement.
- Jadestone Energy on its US$195 million acquisition of the Montara oil field from PTTEP.
- Neptune Energy (backed by funds advised by China Investment Corporation, The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners) on its US$3.9 billion acquisition of ENGIE’s E&P assets.
- Ansell on the US$600 million sale of its global sexual wellness business to Humanwell Group and CITIC.
- Orica on the sale of its chemicals business to funds advised by Blackstone for A$750 million.
- Jadestone Energy on its acquisition of the Stag oil field from Santos and Quadrant Energy.
- EMR Capital on funding matters in respect the Lubambe copper mine.
- Detector Technology (a portfolio company of Ampersand Capital Partners) on its proposed acquisition of ETP Ion Detect.
- Orica on joint venture and marketing arrangements for an ammonium nitrate plant with Yara in the Pilbara.
- Ansell on its acquisition of Ringer Gloves.
- LocalAgentFinder on capital raising and corporate governance matters.
- Asahi on the acquisition, via its subsidiary Schweppes Australia, of Australian water businesses.
- MoneyPlace on its sale to Liberty Financial.
Awards and Recognition
Ben is recognised in the category of Financial Institutions.
Ben is recognised in the Corporate and M&A category.