Louise is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Competition + Regulation group.
With over 18 years of commercial practice, Louise has advised high-profile clients in the travel, transport, infrastructure, financial services, energy, consumer goods, media, software and digital services industries. Louise has specialist expertise in relation to competition and regulatory issues in the aviation and travel industry and is the leading lawyer nationally on competition issues associated with airline alliances.
Louise has extensive experience advising on the Competition and Consumer Act implications of mergers, strategic alliances, joint ventures, complex supply arrangements, and the use of the ACCC’s merger clearance and authorisation processes to achieve the commercial objectives of her clients. She is also experienced in advising on ACCC investigations, cartel prosecutions and immunity applications. She has advised a broad range of clients in regulated industries including in relation to competition, pricing, privatisation and access issues.
Louise is also a strategic advisor for some of the largest digital businesses operating in Australia and is recognised as a thought leader in relation to competition issues in digital markets.
Louise holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) from the University of Sydney. Louise was admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2005.
Louise’s experience includes advising:
- Virgin Australia in relation to its full range of competition law requirements, including ACCC authorisation of numerous strategic alliances with international and domestic airlines, acquisitions, ACCC Airline Monitoring, strategic regulatory engagement during and following the Covid Pandemic, Government aviation policy, and other strategically significant matters.
- A large digital platform in relation to a range of competition and policy issues, including those related to the ACCC’s DPSI and DPI inquiries.
- Prosegur in relation to the successful ACCC authorisation of the merger of its Australian Cash in Transit business with Armaguard, creating a single national Cash in Transit operator, subject to behavioural undertakings.
- Successfully representing CHC Group throughout the ACCC’s pre-completion merger-clearance process and a post-completion investigation, in relation to its acquisition of the Australian offshore helicopter business of Babcock International in circumstances where the acquisition was blocked in the UK.
- eBay in relation to the successful ACCC merger authorisation of its acquisition of Cox Media Services Australia. Companies and individuals in relation to ACCC investigations and proceedings for alleged cartel conduct, including in relation to a number of applications for immunity from prosecution, including for a leading bank.
- MYOB in relation to competition aspects of numerous successful acquisitions, including its acquisition of 2020 acquisition of GreatSoft.
- Paspaley Pearls in relation to a range of infrastructure development, access, competition, and consumer issues.
Awards and Recognition
Louise is ranked as a “Next Generation Partner” in the Competition and Trade category.
Louise is recommended in Doyle’s listing of Leading Competition Lawyers
The Digital Hub brings together the key issues you need to think about in your business as well as providing practical toolkits and regular updates on the latest digital developments.
Get the latest intel on competition law in Australia and around the world. Join Gilbert + Tobin’s resident experts Moya Dodd and Matt Rubinstein for some lively discussion and debate with special guests.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our Highlights And Hot Takes from the Privacy Act Review Report.
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.