Louise is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Competition + Regulation group.
Louise has extensive experience advising on the Competition and Consumer Act implications of mergers, strategic alliances, and joint ventures, complex supply arrangements, and the use of the ACCC’s merger clearance and authorisation processes to achieve the commercial objectives of her clients.
Louise is experienced in advising on ACCC investigations, cartel prosecutions and immunity applications. Louise has also advised a broad range of clients in regulated industries including in relation to competition, pricing, privatisation and access issues for energy networks, airports and ports.
Louise has extensive experience and expertise in relation to competition and regulatory issues in aviation and travel markets, including in regular dealings with the ACCC. Over 13 years of commercial practice, Louise has advised a broad range of clients in the travel, transport, infrastructure, financial services, energy, consumer goods, media, software and digital services industries.
Louise holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) from the University of Sydney. Louise was admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2005.
Louise’s experience includes:
- Companies and individuals in relation to ACCC investigations and proceedings for alleged cartel conduct, including in relation to a number of applications for immunity from prosecution.
- Australian and international companies in relation to ACCC merger clearance processes, including: Virgin Australia, Ausgrid, Prosegur, Holcim,Paspaley Group, PrixCar and MYOB.
- Virgin Australia in relation to advice and successful ACCC authorisation and reauthorisation of its strategic alliances with Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines, Skywest, HNA and Alliance Airlines.
- Carnival Australia in relation to ACCC authorisation of its agreements with Port of Brisbane for the construction of a cruise terminal in Brisbane.
- Malaysia Airlines in relation to its defence of cartel proceedings in relation to air cargo.
- NSW Government in relation to competition and regulation aspects of its Network Electricity Reform Project (NERP).
- NSW electricity distribution businesses in successful proceedings in the Australian Competition Tribunal in relation to their 2009-2014 distribution determinations.
- Acquisitions and joint ventures, restructures, investigations and related ACCC dealings for clients in a range of industries including aviation, travel, energy, media and publishing, software, financial products, telecommunications, construction, manufacturing, essential infrastructure and consumer goods.
Awards and Recognition
Louise is ranked as a “Next Generation Partner” in the Competition and Trade category.
Louise is recognised as a Competition Law Rising Star.
Get the latest intel on competition law in Australia and around the world. Join Gilbert + Tobin’s resident experts Moya Dodd and Matt Rubinstein for some lively discussion and debate with special guests.