Nirangjan is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Nirangjan’s practice centres on M&A with particular expertise in listed company takeovers and schemes of arrangement, having advised on a number of recent significant, high profile transactions in the Australian market. Nirangjan has also worked as a lawyer at the Takeovers Panel and in the corporate finance division of ASIC, giving him a unique skill set in public company takeovers and schemes of arrangement with significant regulatory experience.
His recent transactions include advising:
- REA Group on its $750 million acquisition of iProperty (including stub equity consideration).
- AusNet Services on its acquisition of the Mortlake Terminal Station and ongoing long term service arrangements.
- Energy Developments Limited on its $1.4 billion acquisition by DUET Group by scheme of arrangement.
- Brookfield’s lenders on the public company legal aspects of Brookfield’s proposed $8.9 billion acquisition of Asciano Limited.
- Woolworths South Africa on its$ 2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones Limited.
- Woolworths South Africa on its acquisition of the minorities in Country Road Limited.
- Bidder for Transgrid, NSW poles & wires privatisation, which ultimately sold for $10.3 billion.
- Wilmar International and First Pacific Company on the $1.3 billion acquisition of Goodman Fielder Limited.
- Aquis Group on its reverse takeover of Discovery Resources.
- Aquis Group on its successful acquisition of Casino Canberra and proposed redevelopment including gaming regulator engagement.
- Wesfarmers Industrial and Safety on its $180 million acquisition of the Workwear Division of Pacific Brands Limited.
Nirangjan has a Bachelor of Laws and Commerce (Finance) from Macquarie University.
+61 3 8656 3339
+61 3 86563346