Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim advises listed companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers on mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and other capital raisings, foreign direct investment, corporate governance, restructurings and regulatory investigations.
Tim is a member of the Law Committee of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and of the Securities Law Committee of the International Bar Association.
Tim has a Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law) from the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales.
Tim’s experience includes advising on the following transactions:
- Infigen Energy’s (Australia’s largest listed renewable energy generator) competing takeover bids from Iberdrola and UAC
- Eftpos’ acquisition of Beem It from CBA, NAB and Westpac
- Morrison and Infratil’s acquisition of Qscan from Quadrant Private Equity and the Qscan doctor group
- Silver Lake and TEG’s investment into Michael Cassel Group
- LivingBridge Private Equity’s acquisition of Smart Clinics from Genesis Capital
- CBA’s investment in Slyp
- The IPO of CleanSpace Technology and numerous other initial public offerings and secondary raisings on the Australian Stock Exchange
- GrainCorp’s approach by Long Term Asset Partners and its ASX Demerger of United Malt
- Various listed ASX200 companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues
- Pacific Equity Partners’ $211 million acquisition of Lifehealthcare by scheme of arrangement
- Zurich’s $850 million acquisition of Cover-More by scheme of arrangement
- Barings Asia’s $1.1bn acquisition of SAI Global by scheme of arrangement
- The $2.6 billion privatisation of the NSW land titling registry
Awards and Recognition
Tim is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets categories.
Tim was a finalist for Partner of the Year – Corporate.
Tim won Partner of the Year.