Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim advises listed companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers on mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and other capital raisings, foreign direct investment, corporate governance, restructurings and regulatory investigations.
Tim is a member of the Law Committee of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and of the Securities Law Committee of the International Bar Association.
Tim has a Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law) from the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales.
Tim’s experience includes advising:
- Infigen Energy (Australia’s largest listed renewable energy generator) on its competing takeover bids from Iberdrola and UAC.
- eftpos on its acquisition of Beem It from CBA, NAB and Westpac.
- CBA on its investment in Slyp.
- The Doctor Group on the acquisition of Qscan by Morrison and Infratil.
- Advising on the IPO of CleanSpace Technology and numerous other initial public offerings and secondary raisings on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- GrainCorp on its approach by Long Term Asset Partners and its ASX Demerger of United Malt.
- Various listed ASX200 companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
- Coca-Cola Amatil on its sale of SPC.
- CNH Industrial on the acquisition of K-Line Ag and the sale of Truckline.
- Lifehealthcare on its $211 million scheme of arrangement with Pacific Equity Partners.
- Cover-More on the $850 million acquisition by Zurich by scheme of arrangement.
- SAI Global on the $1.1 billion acquisition by Barings Asia by scheme of arrangement.
- The NSW Government on the $2.6 billion privatisation of the State's land titling registry.
- GrainCorp on the $3 billion takeover proposal from Archer Daniel Midlands.
- Westpac on the $8 billion acquisition of the Lloyds Australia business.
Awards and Recognition
Tim is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets categories.
Tim is a Finalist, Partner of the Year – Corporate
Tim won Partner of the Year - M&A at the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards.