Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim’s experience includes advising listed and unlisted companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers in relation to mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, corporate governance, complex joint venture and shareholding arrangements, restructurings and regulatory investigations.
Tim is the Chair of the Public Company Practice and Regulation Subcommittee of the Securities Law Committee of the IBA (International Bar Association).
Tim has completed a Master of Laws in Corporate and Commercial Law at the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales.
Tim’s experience includes advising:
- CBA on its investment in Slyp.
- GrainCorp on its approach by Long Term Asset Partners and its ASX Demerger of United Malt.
- Various listed ASX200 companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
- Coca-Cola Amatil on its sale of SPC.
- CNH Industrial on the acquisition of K-Line Ag and the sale of Truckline.
- Lifehealthcare on its $211 million scheme of arrangement with Pacific Equity Partners.
- Cover-More on the $850 million acquisition by Zurich by scheme of arrangement.
- SAI Global on the $1.1 billion acquisition by Barings Asia by scheme of arrangement.
- The NSW Government on the $2.6 billion privatisation of the State's land titling registry.
- Advising on numerous initial public offerings and secondary raisings on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- GrainCorp on the $3 billion takeover proposal from Archer Daniel Midlands.
- Westpac on the $8 billion acquisition of the Lloyds Australia business.
Awards and Recognition
Tim is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets categories.
Tim won Partner of the Year - M&A at the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards.