Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim’s experience includes advising listed and unlisted companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers in relation to mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, complex joint venture and shareholding arrangements, corporate restructurings and investigations.
Tim is the Chair of the Public Company Practice and Regulation Subcommittee of the Securities Law Committee of the IBA (International Bar Association).
Tim has completed a Master of Laws in Corporate and Commercial Law at the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales.
Tim’s experience includes advising:
- Coca-Cola Amatil on its sale of SPC.
- GrainCorp on its approach by Long Term Asset Partners.
- Lifehealthcare on its $211 million scheme of arrangement with Pacific Equity Partners.
- Cover-More on the $850 million acquisition by Zurich by scheme of arrangement.
- SAI Global on the $1.1 billion acquisition by Barings Asia by scheme of arrangement.
- The NSW Government on the $2.6 billion privatisation of the State's land titling registry.
- Crescent Capital on the $520 million proportional takeover bid for Cardno Limited.
- Advising on initial public offerings on the Australian Stock Exchange, including Pacific Smiles Group Limited (PSQ), Burson Group Limited (BAP), Cover-More Group Limited (CVO) and Lifehealthcare Group Limited (LHC).
- GrainCorp on the $3 billion takeover proposal from Archer Daniel Midlands.
- Westpac on the $8 billion acquisition of the Lloyds Australia business.
Awards and Recognition
Tim is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets categories.
Tim won Partner of the Year - M&A at the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards.