Tim GordonExecutive Partner
Tim is Executive Partner of Gilbert + Tobin and a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim advises listed companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers in relation to mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and regulatory investigations.
Tim is a member of the Law Committee of the AICD and the Securities Law Committee of the International Bar Association.
Tim has a Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law) from the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales. Tim is a director of Watertrust Australia, a national water and catchment policy not for profit.
Tim’s experience includes advising:
- Bain Capital on the sale of Retail Zoo to Adamantem Capital
- Authentic Brands on the acquisition of Boardriders (Billabong, Quicksilver, Roxy and others) from Oaktree.
- OP Trust and Foresight Group on the investment into SkyKraft
- For Purpose Investment Partners on the acquisition of Luson Agedcare
- Cardno Limited's sale of Cardno ESG to Stantec
- Helius’ acquisition of Agilex biolabs
- Stone & Wood’s acquisition by Lion
- Resolution Life’s acquisition of AIA Australia’s superannuation and investments business
- Silver Lake’s investment into Australian professional football
- Pinnacle Investment Management Limited’s investment in Five V Capital
- Intega’s acquisition by scheme of arrangement by Kiwa
- Infigen Energy’s (Australia’s largest listed renewable energy generator) competing takeover bids from Iberdrola and UAC
- A confidential bidder for Tilt Renewables as part of the Infratil strategic review process
- IFM Investors investment in Render
- The Riverside Company’s investment into Avance Clinical CRO
- UNSW on its arrangements relating to silicon quantum computing
- GrainCorp’s approach by Long Term Asset Partners and its ASX Demerger of United Malt
- Morrison and Infratil’s acquisition of Qscan from Quadrant Private Equity and the Qscan doctor group
- Silver Lake and TEG’s investment into Michael Cassel Group
- LivingBridge Private Equity’s acquisition of Smart Clinics from Genesis Capital
- CBA’s investment in Slyp
- The $2.6 billion privatisation of the NSW land titling registry
- Various listed ASX200 companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues
Awards and Recognition
Tim is ranked for Corporate/M&A.
Tim is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets categories.
Tim was a finalist for Partner of the Year – Corporate.
Tim won Partner of the Year - Corporate.
We define what sustainable finance is, why it is essential, highlight two distinct approaches to sustainable financing frameworks and more.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.