Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim’s experience in corporate advisory and corporate transactions includes:
- Advising listed and unlisted companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers in relation to mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, corporate restructurings and recapitalisations and business and share sale processes.
- Advising clients on joint venture and shareholding arrangements.
- Conducting and co-ordinating complex investigations and providing advice in relation to all aspects of legal due diligence.
Recent corporate transactions include:
- Cover-More on the proposed $750 million scheme of arrangement by Zurich.
- SAI Global on the proposed $1 billion acquisition by Barings Asia by scheme of arrangement.
- The NSW Government on the privatisation of the State's land titling registry.
- ClearView Wealth Limited on the investment by Sony Life.
- Johnson & Johnson: the sale to SK Capital Partners of its global narcotics business, one of the world's leading producers of opiates.
- Onthehouse: the acquisition by scheme of arrangement by the Macquarie led consortium.
- Advising issuers on secondary capital raisings, including Pinnacle Investments (PNI), Cardno Limited (CDD) and ClearView Wealth Limited (ASX: CVW).
- Crescent Capital: the $520 million proportional takeover bid for Cardno Limited.
- Advising on initial public offerings on the Australian Stock Exchange, including Pacific Smiles Group Limited (PSQ), Burson Group Limited (BAP), Cover-More Group Limited (CVO) and Lifehealthcare Group Limited (LHC).
- GrainCorp: the $3 billion takeover proposal from Archer Daniel Midlands.
- Westpac: the $8 billion acquisition of the Lloyds Australia business.
Best Lawyers recognise Tim as a leading lawyer in Equity Capital Markets. Tim has completed a Master of Laws in Corporate and Commercial Law at the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales. Tim co-authored the Australian chapter in the 2011 to 2016 Corporate Governance Review, the 2016 Private Equity Review and the 2014 and 2015 Shareholders’ Rights Global Guide. Tim was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2005.
+61 2 9263 4135