Clare is a corporate energy and resources lawyer and has extensive experience advising on sale and purchase agreements, farm-in and joint venture documentation, Production Sharing Agreements, State Agreements, oil and gas supply agreements, royalty agreement, LNG offtake agreements, project development power purchase agreements, commercial contracting, infrastructure access and sharing agreements and other resources and infrastructure related documentation.
Clare has developed particular expertise in energy transition, having advised on the development of a number of ACCU generating and PURO generating projects in Australia, and in Africa. Clare also has deep expertise in the hydrogen industry advising on the development of a number of green hydrogen/green ammonia and low-carbon ammonia projects Western Australia, and globally, as well as carbon capture and underground storage projects. Clare also advised on the world’s first carbon neutral condensate cargo from Western Australia’s Pluto Project.
Clare has advised clients in relation to their activities globally, including in Latin America, Africa, South East Asia, Australia, the United Kingdom, Europe and former CIS states.
Clare has worked in Perth, London, Tokyo, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, and spent eleven months on secondment at BP plc’s headquarters in London, and also with TransAlta Corporation in Perth, Australia.
Clare's experience includes advising:
- Province Resources Limited in relation to the proposed development of an 8GW green hydrogen project in Western Australia.
- Infinite Green in relation to the proposed development of a green hydrogen projects in Western Australia.
- A confidential client in relation to the development of a low carbon ammonia project utilising carbon capture and underground storage in Western Australia.
- A confidential client in relation to the proposed investment into Train 2 Pluto LNG.
- Invictus Energy Limited in relation to its Production Sharing Agreement in Zimbabwe, and proposed farmins to acreage in Africa.
- Tokyo Gas and Kansai Electric in relation to the interactions with Train 2 and Scarborough LNG Project.
- Advance Energy plc in relation to its farmin to the Buffalo Project, Timor Leste.
- Tokyo Gas in relation to its investments in DLNG and associated potential tie in candidates, including processing and services arrangements and tie in agreements.
- The minority participants in the Ichthys Joint Venture in relation to the project.
- Timor Leste Government in relation to the acquisition of interests in the Greater Sunrise Field from Shell and ConocoPhillips.
- Petro Talaria in relation to its proposed investments in various end of field life projects in Western Australia.
- A confidential bidder in relation to the Taralga Wind Farm and Pacific Hydro assets.
- WaveX in relation to the development of its offshore wave technology.
- A confidential client in relation to its offshore wind licence application.
- Various mining companies in relation to decarbonisation of mines and incorporation of renewable power solutions.
- Tokyo Gas Australia Pty Ltd in relation to its investments in the Ichthys Project, Pluto Project and Gorgon Project in Australia, including upstream acquisition advice and ongoing joint venture advice.
- BP plc in relation to its award of three production sharing contracts offshore Uruguay.
- Essar Energy plc in relation to its US$350 million acquisition of the Stanlow Refinery and manufacturing complex including entry into long term offtake and supply arrangements plus the acquisition of hydrocarbons valued at approximately US$900 million.
- Chevron Australia Pty Limited in relation to its decommissioning obligations in Western Australia for the Wheatstone Project.
- Wellstream Australia in relation to its contracts with BHP Billiton for supply of pipelines to the Pyrenees Projects, offshore Western Australia.
- Tokyo Gas in relation to the assessment of 2 offshore LNG projects involving the management of large-scale legal, fiscal and economic due diligence.
- BP in relation to the negotiation of an LNG Master Agreements.
- A dual listed company in relation to securing offtake rights for a proposed LNG Project.
- A confidential bidder in relation to the proposed acquisition of North Sea assets.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.