James is a special counsel in Gilbert + Tobin’s Disputes and Investigations group.
James specialises in employment law. He advises employers on the complete range of employment related claims, including statutory claims such as unfair dismissal, general protections applications, employment misrepresentations claims and discrimination matters, as well as contractual matters such as enforcing post-employment obligations.
He also has extensive experience in relation to the employment implications of commercial transactions, advising employers on the transfer of employee entitlements and industrial instruments when a business is transferred from one employer to another and outsourcing. This experience includes working on major transactions requiring employment due diligence.
James' experience includes:
- Preparing executive service agreements, contracts of employment, workplace agreements, consultancy agreements and secondment agreements.
- Minimising the risk of terminating employees.
- Acting in all forms of employment related litigation including breach of contract claims, unfair dismissal, general protections applications, anti-discrimination claims and sexual harassment complaints.
- Enforcing post-employment restraints.
- Advising employers and their directors on work health and safety (WHS) compliance and defending prosecutions in relation to WHS.