Nick is a Partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Real Estate + Projects team.
Nick specialises in real estate development projects and major projects in the health, renewable energy, integrated transport, education and housing sectors, for leading market participants and stakeholders.
He has advised on many recent high-profile property developments and major projects throughout Australia as well as on real estate fund and capital transactions, acquisitions and disposals, major leasing, joint ownership arrangements, titling, subdivision, due diligence and other real estate transactions and projects, across a broad range sectors.
Nick has consistently been recognised in Best Lawyers Peer Review, Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Doyles’ Guide.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- Plenary Group on its successful bid and development of the circa $600m UNSW Health Translation Hub, a marquee commercial and medical research building within the Randwick Health & Innovation Precinct.
- Macquarie Group on the circa $3 billion Metro Martin Place Precinct including in development, delivery, subdivision and leasing of the integrated railway station development
- Health Infrastructure NSW on its circa $850 million redevelopment of an education and research precinct at the Liverpool Hospital.
- Health Infrastructure NSW on its circa $650 million development of the Macarthur Medical Research Centre including on major leasing and collaboration arrangements with various stakeholders.
- Lendlease on the development of Circular Quay Tower, including on site acquisition arrangements, adjoining owner arrangement, joint venture arrangements and titling and leasing matters.
- Lendlease on the Barangaroo South redevelopment, including in relation on Project Agreements, sell-down arrangements, Building Leases, Ground Leases Stratum Subdivisions, major Agreements for Lease and Leases (across commercial towers and retail), and project arrangements with key stakeholders.
- Lendlease Australian Prime Property Fund Industrial on the acquisition of a national industrial portfolio of logistics sites.
- Lendlease Australian Prime Property Fund Industrial on major industrial site disposals in NSW.
- Mirvac on its acquisition and development of Australian Technology Park at Redfern, including the development arrangements with AMP and SunSuper.
- UBS-Grocon in relation to the Commonwealth Games athletes’ village at Parklands in Queensland, on the acquisition and development of major residential/mixed use, build-to-rent development, following completion of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Frasers Property Group in relation to titling and embedded network utility arrangements for various large scale residential strata schemes across New South Wales and industrial agreements for lease and leases in NSW.
- Art Gallery of NSW on the development of the Sydney Modern Project (expansion of the Art Gallery of NSW) including finalisation of the development agreement and long-term lease arrangements with RMS and the Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust.
- ACEN / UPC Renewables on land tenure, long-term leasing, development and electricity transmission arrangements for Stages 1 and 2 of its 720MW New England Solar Farm.
- ACEN / UPC Renewables on land tenure and development arrangements for the proposed Westella, Valley of the Winds and Aquila Solar Farms.
- AGL on land tenure, development and transmission arrangements for its 200 MW Silverton Wind Farm Project, its first greenfield development for the Powering Australian Renewables Fund (PARF).
- Goldwind of the development of the hybrid wind/solar White Rock Wind Farm and White Rock Solar Farm in Glen Innes, NSW.
- Macquarie Telecom Group Limited on the sale and leaseback of its data centre facility at Macquarie Park, the development of a new data centre facility and key lease arrangements.
- Pro-invest Group on its establishment arrangements in Australia and on the $135 million acquisition of Sydney’s Primus Hotel and the related hotel business.
- Boston Global and Atlas Investment Corporation on its joint venture with Hickory Group for the development of a new boutique hotel within the Sydney Airport precinct.
Awards and Recognition
"Nicholas Lazarou was exceptional in leading and coordinating amongst these different sectors and was a pillar of advice. Nick is stand out as his advice is not only legal but it is also commercial and prompt."
Nick is recognised for his work in Real Property Law and Leasing Law.
Nicholas is recognised as a “Rising Star” for property and real estate law.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.