Roy is a special counsel in G+T’s Energy + Infrastructure practice group, with a focus on proponents, owners, operators and users of complex infrastructure assets through all stages of the asset lifecycle.
Roy has extensive experience working across energy and resources, mining, aviation and rail, including 15 years in-house, with particular experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects, JVs, M&A transactions and corporate governance. He has advised a diverse range of large and complex organisations across Australia and internationally (in Canada and Indonesia).
Roy has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Melbourne, and is a Fellow of The Chartered Governance Institute, having completed the Corporate Governance Institute’s Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance.
Roy's experience includes advising:
- Advising on the delivery of the Melbourne Airport Rail and Metro Tunnel Projects, including advising on Alliance Agreements, PPPs and the rail Franchise Agreement with the State of Victoria.
- Advising the infrastructure, supply and distribution parts of Viva Energy’s business, particularly in relation to quasi-monopoly infrastructure, and also the acquisition and divestment of assets.
- Advising the airport on a broad range of legal issues impacting its aviation, commercial property development, retailing leasing and landside transport businesses.
- Advising on the multi-billion-dollar Jansen potash project for 11 months.
- Advising on BHP assets in Queensland, NSW, NT and Indonesia, on major projects, M&A, JVs, infrastructure access and pricing, contracting, procurement, disputes and regulatory compliance.
- Advised on the proposed LNG import facility at Geelong, including the EIS process and regulatory approvals, the proposed pipeline, and the approach to construction contracting, including the ECI contracts for the various works packages.
- Advised on complex brownfields infrastructure construction projects for the terminals, runways, carparks and other facilities at Brisbane Airport, including in relation to Brisbane Airport’s second runway.
- Advised on the development of the $1.4bn Daunia Mine project, from the feasibility study through to operation, including in relation to the upgrading of and the securing of access to rail infrastructure, and including the $200m D&C contract with Sedgman for the mine’s coal handling and preparation plant.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.