A number of Gilbert + Tobin experts review the regulatory aspects relating to the banking industry in Australia.
Restructuring and Insolvency
In a rapidly changing market, corporate restructures and insolvency are increasingly common, driving considerable activity in this space, with both small and large organisations being severely impacted. Expert legal advice is crucial to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved during a time of high uncertainty.
The ability to provide timely commercial advice, guidance and support is our strength. Our Restructuring and Insolvency group works closely with our Corporate Advisory, Banking and Infrastructure and Litigation teams to ensure our clients receive a seamless service that meets their requirements and provides the best solution.
We provide pragmatic, commercial and partner–led expertise. The team has extensive experience advising and acting on disputes and applications arising from restructures and workouts, voluntary administrations, liquidations and receiverships.
We advise banks, borrowers, investors and directors, as well as many leading insolvency practitioners on all types of insolvency administrations. We also advise and act for creditors, directors, lenders and investors facing issues arising from corporate insolvency including insolvent trading claims and actions in relation to insolvent transactions.
Our group leader, Dominic Emmett, is consistently ranked as one of Australia’s leading insolvency and restructuring lawyers in major legal directories including Chambers Global for Restructuring/Insolvency.
- Restructuring and workouts
- Corporate insolvency
- Directors’ duties
- Employment issues
- Formal insolvency appointments
- Insolvency disputes
- Voluntary administrations
- Gilbert + Tobin won Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2016 Australasian Law Awards for the Atlas Iron Restructure.
- Gilbert + Tobin won Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2015 Australasian Law Awards for the Mirabela restructure and recapitalisation.
- Gilbert + Tobin won Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year at the 2013 Australasian Law Awards for the Nine Entertainment Group Restructure.