Daniel is a commercial litigator with significant experience in regulatory investigations, class actions and other complex disputes. He regularly advises domestic and international clients in relation to large-scale litigation and regulatory investigations, including into a range of potential Corporations Act and ASIC Act breaches. Recently, Daniel acted for Westpac in the Banking Royal Commission and has acted in a range of investigations and litigation flowing from the commission.
Daniel's experience includes:
- Advising Westpac in relation to shareholder class actions arising allegations of breaches of anti-money laundering laws, and ASIC and APRA investigations in respect of those issues.
- Advising TAL in relation to an ASIC investigation and proceedings regarding claims handling.
- Advising in relation to ‘Fees for No Service’ investigations.
- Advising Westpac on its response to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.
- Acting in a shareholder class action and ASIC prosecution related to private education provider Vocation.
Awards and Recognition
Daniel is recommended as a key lawyer in the area of Dispute Resolution: Litigation.
Daniel was a finalist for Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year
“His work is considered, and he has sound judgement and clear communication skills.”
“They have very smart senior associates, Dan MacPherson in particular. I would mention him, of all of them. He is very much a go-to person and an up-and-comer.”
For more information on the Toyota Class Action, please click below or call 1800 324 984.